IS YOUR FIRE CREW READY?
There is a short time left to prepare for and submit a Standing Offer from the MoFLNR for two or more “5-Pack Fire Crews”.
Attention Ec. Dev. and Forestry Departments!
Dear Chief, Band Manager or Economic Development Officer:
2012 may turn out to be a big year for fires.
A 5-Pack Fire Crew is the basic working unit of fighting forest fires in British Columbia. Fire Crews are billed out to MOFLNR when on standby or on a fire. To have your crews registered with the Ministry of Forests and have a “Standing Offer-On-Going” for Fire Crews, you need to complete and submit a proposal by April 30, 2012.
A 5-person Fire Crew can provide significant employment and generate revenue for your band or EcDev Corporation.
Kennedy Forest & Safety is in a position to provide several unique services with regard to 5-Pack Fire Crews. Here is a short list of what we provide:
- we work with your staff to determine training needs and arrange training courses
- help you with your crew pricing to ensure your crew is profitable and can pay good wages
- provide a customized Fire Crew Safe Work Procedure
- co-write a proposal to MoF that meets all of the requirements of the Request for Proposal
- provide a set of Management Documents to help you manage timesheets, payroll, cashflow and equipment inventories
Two Fire Crew Proposal Solutions
We have two solutions prepared to enable you to submit a proposal and meet the April 30 deadline:
- A Proposal “Kit” with all the materials you need to submit a proposal, and
- An All-in-One Solution where we work with your staff to complete a proposal.
The Proposal Kit has everything you need to complete your proposal for a Standing Offer-On-Going Fire Crews, including:
- A Proposal Checklist and Template: you fill out the blanks and check off all of the supporting documentation as you complete it,
- A Training Needs Analysis to determine your training course requirements
- Equipment Lists for tools, vehicles and Emergency Supplies,
- Bid Pricing spreadsheets showing you how to price your proposal to meet MOF expectations,
- Administration guidebooks to help manage timesheets, payroll and billing and to manage your cash flow,
- Billing Manual and Invoice templates so your invoices look the way MoF expects them to,
- Vehicle Inspection instructions and how to complete the Transport requirements
- Billing manual and how to take advantage of additional billing opportunities.
All In One Solution
In the All in One Solution we take you through the entire proposal preparation process and submit the proposal for you. We work with your staff to create a crew list and manage personnel training. The All in One Solution gives you everything the Proposal Kit does, but we are there all along the way and we submit the final proposal. The proposal will be submitted to MoF only when it meets the requirements of the Request for Proposal.
We are big on “cloud computing” and use Google Docs to share documents online. That means we can both be adding to equipment lists, training lists and so on and preparing the information for the proposal. It saves a huge amount of time too.
We work with your insurance agent to ensure your Certificate of General Insurance meets all requirements.
We create a customized, branded Fire Crew Safe Work Procedure for your fire crews to carry with them on the fires. The Safe Work Procedure also goes in the proposal and must meet MoF requirements.
We deliver your proposal to the MoF AND you get hard copies and electronic copies of everything!
Call Us At: