Deadline for Ministry of Forests Contractors
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO) will soon require contractors to be Safe Certified for all competitively tendered and direct award contracts. Some subcontractors will also need to be SAFE certified.
The deadline for contractors to become SAFE certified is April 1, 2017.
You’ll need SAFE certification if you provide any of the following services:
- Road construction, maintenance and deactivation;
- Forest health;
- Contracts that involve hand falling;
- Range ecosystem restoration work;
- BC Timber Sales contracts;
- Recreation Branch contracts;
- BC Wildfire Service operational contracts; and
- Professional service contracts.
How to Become SAFE Certified
To become SAFE Certified you need three things:
- Register your company with the BC Forest Safety Council,
- Create an Occupational Health and Safety Program, and
- Submit a certification audit to the BCFSC.
It’s that simple.
Kennedy Forest & Safety Consultants can help you create your Health and Safety Program and help you through the process to become SAFE Certified.
Please contact Craig Kennedy today for more information!